A cake has always been considered as one of the key elements to celebrate a delightful occasion. Be it an anniversary or a birthday, having a cake is crucial to create a happy celebration. While some people prefer buying it, others prefer making it on their own. Making it on your own comes with lots of benefits, for instance, you can customize it exactly how you want it.
But to get it right and make your work easier, you need to have the right supplies. Let’s look at a supplies checklist for a well-baked and decorated cake.
Cake Baking and Decorating Supplies Checklist
1. Cake pans – For a beautiful cake, ensure that you have a professional cake pan with straight sides rather than slanted.
2. Bowls – These are used to mix different ingredients.
3. Measuring spoons and cups – If you want to produce a fine cake, you need to get your ingredients right when it comes to amounts. These measuring tools ensure that you use neither less nor excess of anything.
4. Parchment paper – This paper is lined on the cake pan so that the cake pops out easily and cleanly. Also, you can lay them down on the surface where you’re filling and trimming. You can find these and most of the items in this checklist in a baking supply store in miami.
5. Clean sharp knives – These can be used to cut the fondant into various shapes and adding detail.
6. Cake board – For easy moving around and ensuring the cake’s stability.
7. Rolling pins – to roll the fondant.
8. Scissors -to cut the parchment paper to the desired size.
9. Toppings – These are used for dressing the sides or the top of the cake. Crushed cookies, small candies, dried fruit, chopped nuts, and toasted coconut are excellent choices.
10. Pastry brush – They’re used to apply melted butter onto the insides of tha cake pans before baking.
11. Cake stand or turntable – If you’re a cake baking enthusiast, then don’t leave behind the turntable. It helps you to easily decorate the cake.
12. Cake spatula – Used to spread the frosting easily, create swirly designs, and smooth out mistakes.
13. Piping gel – To write a name or letters on the cake.
14. Electric mixer – To mix various ingredients that need mixing such as sugar and butter.
15. Pastry bag – This bag has a fine tip and is filled with either piping gel, colored frosting, or melted chocolate to write names or create designs on a cake.
Other supplies you may need are:
Toothpicks, powdered sugar, fondant smoothers, food coloring, cake marker, decorating brushes, different piping tips, cake leveler, whisk, a skewer, sieve, shaker, and cooling rack.
Depending on the cake you want to make, you may need some or more than these supplies. You can talk to a professional in a cake supplies store and they will advise.
With these supplies, you can get started with the baking of your cake. If you’re a beginner, make sure you have some tutorials or a handbook to guide you through until you gain the necessary experience.